Oral health problems are often overlooked, but they can have serious consequences. According to the World Health Organization, oral diseases affect nearly 3.6 billion people worldwide, and they are the leading cause of tooth loss in adults. Oral health problems have also been linked to serious health conditions such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease.
The good news is that oral diseases are largely preventable. By following a few simple steps, you can improve your oral health and reduce your risk of developing oral diseases. Here are a few tips from the American Dental Association:
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes with fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss once a day to remove plaque and bacteria from between your teeth.
- Eat a healthy diet and limit sugary drinks and foods.
- Visit your dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings.
Maintaining a good oral care routine can help you to:
- Prevent tooth decay and cavities
- Prevent gum disease
- Freshen your breath
- Improve your overall appearance
- Reduce your risk of developing serious health conditions such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease.
An important aspect of oral care that often gets sidelined is cleaning the tongue. This is important as a major portion of bad breath comes from the bacteria housing on the surface of the tongue. It is common practice to brush your tongue too. What needs attention is the movement and the type of tongue cleaner that we use.
A tongue scraper is an oral device that is an inverted curve & the movement of which goes from back to forward strokes in the mouth. This results in the ‘white coat ‘or gunk going straight into the sink. This mechanical tongue scraper is effective in significantly reducing the levels of hydrogen sulphide the smelly componenet of bad breath. When we do this 5-7 times the pink tongue starts to surface. So now we have not just a good looking tongue but also a clean one with the breath smelling fresh.
The West is waking up to the benefits of tongue scraping. TOKII tongue scraper comes with a soft bristles toothbrush attached to it.
TOKII is the ultimate toothbrush that can help you to elevate your oral care routine. TOKII can help you to reach all areas of your mouth, remove plaque and bacteria more effectively, and reduce gum inflammation and bleeding.
If you’re looking for a way to improve your oral health and reduce your risk of developing serious health conditions, TOKII is a great option to consider.
Here are some additional tips for improving your oral care routine:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Hard-bristled toothbrushes can damage your gums.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months, or sooner if the bristles are frayed.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste. Fluoride helps to strengthen your teeth and prevent tooth decay.
- Floss once a day, using a gentle back-and-forth motion.
- Eat a healthy diet and limit sugary drinks and foods. Sugar is a major food source for bacteria, which can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Visit your dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings. Your dentist can identify and treat oral problems early on, before they become more serious.
By following these tips, you can achieve a healthy smile and improve your overall health.